Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Trinket - #71-72: the mini bottle set

I love this set.  Originally, it was just going to be the necklace but I found the perfect little bottles that worked as matching earrings.  The larger necklace bottle was found in an AK tourist paraphernalia section of a grocery store and I emptied out the contents in order to fill it with little bits of various things for making a cute bottle pendant.

The design goal for the necklace was to try a new technique adding buttons for a chain and combining them with a leather thong and bit of chain for the complete necklace.  It was easier than I thought it would be and I think turned out well.  The buttons were included with some great found-object donations from family and I plan to try to incorporate buttons more with pretty much everything.

The bottle contains rolled French text from an ephemera pack, a bit of red ribbon, and some colored beads. The necklace and earring bottles are topped with copper colored eye screw hooks.











No comments:

Post a Comment