The piece started with this metal framed picture I found in a thrift store. The glass was foggy and scratched and the wood inside the metal frame was rotted and warped. But the item inside the frame is made from this weird combination of foil and plastic, so it was still fine. I don't think I've quite seen anything like it before and the feel of it reminded me of those lids that come with disposable foil pans that people take to a bbq. The image is of a woman and a boy playing instruments and standing around with some giant flowers.
So I removed the foil print and then used scissors and an x-acto knife to cut away as much green as possible. My purpose was to attach it to new background paper which would be attached to the front piece of the side table drawer I had pulled off in #55. I would also add a knob at the bottom to make it functional.
The paper was decoupaged onto the wood and once everything else was attached, I tried something new and sanded the edges. This was to help give it a nice, worn-in look and it also helps the appearance of the paper blending with the wood. Will probably always do this now. Yay sanding.