Monday, July 7, 2014

Synthesis - #53-54: the lucite set

I had a lucite pendant in mind for a new necklace but I wanted to have Mr O's input first and decided to ask him to pick the next pendant I should use.  When he picked the same one I had in mind with no prompting from me, then it was pretty obvious what was being used next.

Originally, this was going to be a single pendant on a thong but when I noticed that my new set of made-in-Alaska beads matched the pendant, I decided to use them and some other beads as well.  I also figured that this needed to be turned into a set.  Since there were only four of the colorful beads, I split them up between necklace and earrings.



It was basically a metallic design theme, with silver, gold, copper, and metallic purple being used, and I liked the pieces better after a few design tweaks.  All beads and the toggle closure were attached with purple coated wire and the thong is black imitation suede. 

Results:








No comments:

Post a Comment