Sunday, July 6, 2014

Kojootti - #52: the coyote face purse

When I recently made a visit to a specialty store to pick up supplies like bone and antler, I also decided to make an impromptu purchase of a skinned coyote face.  At the time, I had no idea what I would be doing with a coyote face but then I started to have a few ideas.  It seemed like it would work as a decorative addition for a bag and I had been intending to make another altered bag for some time, using a burgundy Fossil crossbody I already owned.

My intention was to use thread and a sturdy needle to sew the coyote face onto the leather purse, but after about two minutes of that, I thought, "oh hell no!"  And I used a much easier (modpodge) method to adhere it. I also made color coordinated strands of beads to hang from the rings on the side of the bag.




Results:






I love this bag!!
(but I'm still going to put it up for sale in the shop)


No comments:

Post a Comment