This piece was basically an exercise in wire work. No O-rings or pins were used, strictly the copper colored wire as needed with attachment of beads, end pieces, and the main pendant, to the multi-colored thread.
And then the earring situation... This is what happened to #17: complete disintegration.
Since the thread necklace had similar wood and metal elements, I decided to revamp this pair to make it a set that would match well with the necklace. I replaced the darker hooks with copper colored hooks, removed all beads and O-rings, then added thread along with a new eye pin strand of beads of similar theme as the necklace.