Monday, August 18, 2014

Claptrap - #106: the album covers

This last week feels like it was a bit squandered on my part.  There are a million things I *should* be doing and *could* be doing to get better prepared for the upcoming shows and space rental, but all I could really do was just think of all those things and not much got done.

I started a project that was probably bigger than it should have been at this point in time and have decided to complete it in a new way.  The project consists of using 2" x 2" album cover pictures, cut from an anthology book, to make combinations of necklaces, bracelets, brooches, and magnets.  The paper was to be placed on backings of baked polymer clay before being treated with painting, sanding, and sealing for a certain special weathered look.

So far, I have completed a few bracelets, necklaces, a brooch and a magnet in this manner.  But it is not currently feasible to continue the project to completion by making everything I had in mind to make.  To that end, I am will be trying something new on Etsy and will be posting items I had intended to make but on a "made to order" basis.  There will be sample pictures available of the items that I did complete as well as what I have on hand to make, so that a better idea can be had of what each made to order item would look like.  This will give me a better amount of time to begin working on and finishing up other necessary projects.

Here are some pics of the process for these items and of some of the completed ones...












No comments:

Post a Comment