Monday, September 22, 2014

Pela - #117-120: the seashell set

This was a fun set to put together, particularly because the bulk of it was inspired by items which were gifted to me for jewelry and craft purposes.  I love when people want to give me items to work with because often they will be things I may never have considered using before, which then leads to further inspiration and project ideas.  This also has implications when I make custom orders.

I received a box of a variety of shells and other lovely things and decided I need to make another sea inspired set since the last I had done so was for #79-80.  The pendant is two attached shells framed by wire-wrapped sea urchin backbones with attached bead charms which I put together that consist of wooden beads and cloth wrapped wire. The earrings feature the same elements and the ring has another attached shell.  For the bracelet, I attached a resin octopus pendant and more shells to a metal cuff.









No comments:

Post a Comment