Saturday, May 31, 2014

Insulate - #13: the round pallet

I hate round pallets. Among other reasons why, making sure that the sealer is applied evenly can be a bitch. This thrift store wooden picture circle is one of very few larger round pieces I'll ever do.

Here, two prints from the Spectrum art book series (vol. 8) are juxtaposed with a classic work by Banksy (taken from the book, You Are an Acceptable Level of Threat), on a black acrylic base.

Normally, I would apply 2-3 coats of paint but found that I liked the unfinished appearance of just 1 coat in this instance, and I played with the effects created with a small foam brush.

Getting this positioned and glued in place would have been next to impossible without first applying a light mist of spray adhesive before the final sealing.

The quote says, "LIVE THE DREAM - ENDURE THE NIGHTMARE"






No comments:

Post a Comment