Wednesday, May 28, 2014

And so it begins...

My current obsession with decoupage was inspired by a recent trip to the Pack Rat antique store.  I was there to check out a new room that they had advertised with pics on FB.  Definitely worth the visit for the rooms wallpaper alone (retro kitchen kitsch).  I was ready to drop $$ on some items but changed my mind after looking more closely at the pieces I wanted.  This is a new thing for me and usually results with me convincing myself that I can make, cheaper if not always better, the item of interest.  When I saw that the pieces I wanted basically just consisted of paper attached to distressed wood with old kitchen hardware attached for embellishment, I decided that I had to learn more.

And that was the introduction to my latest hobby, which brings together a number of other things I love.  I can easily spend hours on projects and as they continue to churn out, it seemed to make more sense to start a blog specifically for documenting the before and after processes and end result items.

Which brings us up to date.

-----

October Country...


No comments:

Post a Comment